Soft and pretty bralettes are the star of the warm-weather festival scene influenced by Coachella, with comfortable, loose, Boho styles epitomizing the casual vibe we all love about summer.
Even if you aren’t festival-bound (See Pop Sugar’s guide to summer music festivals), it’s summertime, and living fashionably is easier.
Enter strapless, sleeveless, cut-in shoulders, lightweight and sheer fabrics, open backs, lower-cut armholes, deep V-necks (front and back), split back tops and lace.
From a fashion sense, it translates into comfort, peeks of skin and a little bit of whimsy.
The bralette can be the star of many of these looks, with its combination of unstructured sports-bra-like comfort and pretty lace and strap details.
Bralettes and ways to wear them are as varied as summer activities.
The brave may choose to wear bralettes as a top, alone or under a vest or wrap, but these pretty wireless bra styles can also provide intriguing modesty while peeking out of loose and sheer styles.
Here are some ideas on how to personalize this hot trend.
1. The purely pretty Silent Assembly Zia Lace Bralette will make everyday feel like a honeymoon, particularly paired with a lower-cut top for some peeks of lace at the neckline and straps.
2. Deep V styling and lace detail on the front of the straps make the Wacoal Halo Lace Bralette perfect for accenting a lower cut top or peeking through a sheer lace panel at the neckline. Straps that crisscross make it a nice complement to a racer tank top.
Wear with: Live. Lounge. Wear Sleeveless Wrap Top
3. For a peek of lace under a tank top or V-neck, try our Seamfree Bralette with Lace. For support, this bralette can be worn with your regular bra, and bright colors make it perfect for a pop of color underneath a lightweight shirt.
4. Curvy figures can wear bralettes too! Freya Fancies Lace Bralette is designed for cup sizes up to HH, offering flirty coverage and all-day comfort.
Wear with: Wrapped Maxi Dress Palmscape Ombre
5. Still not ready to leave the support of a structured bra? The Oh My Gorgeous Lace Cami Bra has the lace and coverage of a bralette with lift you’ll love.
Wear with: Colorblock Short Dress Token Scroll/Black
Whatever your style and how you choose to wear it, make your summer a festival. Enjoy!